The first TENCON conference was held in Hong Kong in 1980. This inaugural conference was organized with a view to having Region 10 – one of the fastest-growing regions within IEEE – more prominently represented in the calendar of IEEE events.
Since that time TENCON has become firmly established as a major regional and international activity, and is now an annual event. The conference has been held in over 50% of the countries represented within Region 10. Usually these conferences have addressed broader areas of Engineering and Technology, relevance to countries in the Asia-Pacific region. To ensure high standards of conference organization and management, planning activity typically commences some two-three years before the scheduled date.
TENCON 2021 host rights was won in 2019 by IEEE New Zealand North Section for hosting in Auckland, New Zealand
|2021||New Zealand North||Virtual, Auckland Time, New Zealand|
|2006||Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
|2004||Thailand||Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|2001||Singapore||Cruise Liner Super Star Virgo|
|2000||Malaysia||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|1998||Delhi||New Delhi, India|
|1997||Queensland||Gold Coast, Australia|
|1996||W. Australia||Perth, Australia|
|1995||Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
|1991||Delhi||New Delhi, India|
|1980||Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
The major objectives of the TENCON conference series are as follows:
- To provide a prestigious international forum for specialist presentations and interactions in one or more areas of Electrical, Electronics, Computer and Information technology through papers, exhibitions, plenary talk, tutorials, etc;
- To contribute to the development, progress and welfare of countries in the Asia-Pacific region by disseminating technological knowledge and experience;
- To encourage the study and discussion of technology and technological applications in a broad social, political and human context;
- To polish and boost the interpersonal and professional skills of volunteers with the guidance of leaders and the renowned personalities in the respective field of Engineering and Technology.
- To enable Sections within Region 10 to develop as mature IEEE entities by accepting the responsibilities of major conference organization.